How We Help You Get (and Keep) Amazing Direct Support Professionals
We have 5 different programs designed to help organizations of all sizes and all capacities.
Program 1: Recruiting & Anti-Ghosting Academy
This is a two-month program plus four months of additional support.
Perfect for IDD providers that want to be part of a group and get live coaching.
Here is what we will cover:
- How to write job posts people want to apply for
- Applications that don’t drive applicants away
- Reducing your recruiting spending while getting more applicants
- Jump start your referrals
- Install your own Anti-Ghosting System
Access to our DSP Magnet Association live help sessions (2 per month)
* Prefer to “do it yourself” with an on-demand video course? Click here.
Program 2: Retention & Culture Academy
This is an eight-month program to get executives and supervisors working together on retention and culture.
Get live coaching on proactive systems to help you keep staff and reduce the financial and emotional impact of staff turnover.
Here’s what we will cover:
- Improve onboarding
- Nurture culture when you don’t have the time
- Keep staff long-term when you can’t raise pay
You will also have access to our DSP Magnet Association live help sessions (2 per month)
Program 3: DSP Magnet Recruiting & Anti-Ghosting On-Demand Video Course + Help
- Ideal for Do-It-Yourself training, Small Providers, Training New Recruiters
- Short videos with workbooks make it easy to break the course into small parts to suit your schedule
- Lifetime subscription PLUS one free year of live help from Blitz (two, hour-long sessions per month)
Program 4: The Essentials (limited availability in Q4 of 2023)
For provider organizations, county boards, and grant programs for multiple IDD providers.
Get the essentials of creating a DSP Magnet for:
- Recruiting with anti-ghosting, retention, and culture
- 3-month program
- Three workshops with online “make it happen” sessions the next day
- Access to our DSP Magnet Association live help sessions (2 per month)
Program 5: 90-Minute Workshops for AssociationsHelp your members get DSP Magnet training with these short, interactive workshops. Workshop options are:
- DSP Magnet Recruiting – Get Better Applicants
- Create Your Anti-Ghosting System – Get Applicants to Show up
- Create a DSP Experience Map – How to Have an Onboarding Process that Makes People Want to Stay
DSP Magnet® Programs focus on simple and proven systems providers can use immediately. Real work is done during the workshops and attendees come away with simple next steps to fit any time or $ budget.
Excellent content, engaging, and absolutely well worth the time…
This workshop is a must for any agency HR team struggling with recruitment. Excellent content, engaging, and absolutely well worth the time and nominal registration fee. We were so excited that we implemented one of the strategies prior to the end of the workshop!
– Cynthia Wildermuth, Chief Executive Officer, Abilities of Northwest Jersey
It has changed lives on our end…
I took the DSP Magnet Recruiting & Ghosting Workshop. It was truly transformative and I was able to implement many changes to our recruiting strategy… we are seeing larger numbers of hires thanks to y’all. Thank you for all you do! It has changed lives on our end!
– Erica Null Pellegrin, Director of Division 3/Marketing, TARC (July 2022)
Upcoming Training Schedule
DSP Magnet – The Essentials Cohort 4 Starts
Time: 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm EST (12:30 – 4:00 pm CST)
DSPN: Applications will be opened by or before early Oct
Blitz Small Group Workshops Open to Providers
Our DSP Magnet® Academy for providers of all sizes will help you get off the DSP Hamster Wheel® and find and keep DSPs.
These are NOT webinars—they include exercises, interactions with your peers and us, and provide you with immediate help to find, get, and keep amazing Direct Support Professionals.
Our Academy programs include live help opportunities. If anyone has to miss a scheduled workshop, they will still be able to get the content and help. Workshops are recorded with the recordings and slides made available to registrants.
What others say:
This may be the most useful training I've ever EVER taken!
“I know we’re only 1/3 of the way through, but this has already been SOOOOOO HELPFUL! OMG- we’ve gotten so many great ideas! My HR person and I feel completely energized and optimistic. This may be the most useful training I’ve ever EVER taken!”
— Rebekah Elliott, Eastside Day Academy
... turnover is down by 25% in the last quarter.
“We’re working to connect with new employees. Our focus is how can we make them successful. That’s why turnover is down by 25% in the last quarter.”
—Natasha Floyd, Independence of Portage County, Inc.
We’ve gone from 10-15 ghosts per week to only two or three.
“We’ve gone from 10-15 ghosts per week to only two or three. It was all due to how we’re following up with candidates prior to their interviews.”
— Carly Vosberg, Capabilities LLC
I've been inundated by applicants on Indeed.
“The [virtual] workshop was PHENOMENAL! I’ve been doing this for 24 years, and this was the best training I’ve been to. Since changing our job posts based on the workshop, I’ve been inundated by applicants on Indeed.”
Great feedback for improvement. EVERY. TIME.
“Each and every time I am fortunate enough to attend a Blitz Media discussion/seminar, I walk away with great feedback for improvements. EVERY. TIME.”
—Jodie Wagner, Journey Health
One of the best trainings I have ever been to.
“This is one of the best trainings/webinars I have ever been to. It is eye opening to see how relatable all of this is throughout our industry.”
— Oregon Resource Association Workshop Participant
Mind blowing information!
“It was awesome awesome awesome!!! Perfect combination of individual work, group discussion, training. Very effective! Mind blowing information!.”
— Oregon Resource Association Workshop Participant
There was so much valuable information!
“There was so much valuable information! The format was great and allowed for collaboration as well.”
— Gena Diefenderfer, Community Services Group
It offered different ways to approach our orientation training.
“Interactive, personable, nice to see and network with others. It offered different ways to approach our orientation training… focus more on the communication or delivery of the message.”
— Jennifer Lawrence, RCPA Workshop Attendee
It opened my mind to new ideas.
“This was a very informative seminar that opened my mind to new ideas for culture & retention that I had not previously thought of.”
— Kayla, The Fuse Network
Simple techniques to help solve large problems.
“The workshop was full of great information and gave simple techniques to help solve large problems.”
— Madison, Belco Works
It gave me the tools for a different approach.
“It was great information and gave the tools for a different approach. The open interaction and participation were awesome.”
— Rachel, RHDD
A lot of helpful tips I didn't even know I needed.
“I got a ton of new great ideas to implement and learned a lot of helpful tips I didn’t even know I needed.”
— Alex, ViaQuest
They challenged our excuses in a positive way.
“Very insightful and they challenged our excuses in a positive way.”
— Nicole, RHDD
Easily obtainable ideas that make a difference
“I feel that the ideas given today are easily obtainable and can make a difference in reaching the company’s goals of recruiting & retention.”
— Susan, Whitehouse Behavioral Health
Culture, recruitment, and retention that is unmatched!
“I’ve been to a lot of presentations on DSP recruitment and retention. While it was good information, Scott and Craig really provide practical, manageable steps on how to improve culture, recruitment, and retention that is unmatched!”
Director of Provider & Employment Supports
Licking County Board of DD
DSP Magnet educational workshops on recruiting and retention provide attendees with:
- Simple tools to take back to their organizations to quick take action on what they’ve learned.
- Clear next steps on how to rewrite their DSP job post so they can attract more applicants.
- A map of the first few days on the job through the new employee’s eyes. Attendees will have clear and simple next steps to improve the experience for new employees.
- Workshops can be done in-person or virtually including with small groups for exercises
Craig & Scott
- Hosted more than 250 workshops that produced results and delighted attendees
- Webinar and conference speakers for ANCOR, ACCSES, provider associations in over 17 different states, & 18 county boards of DD
- Father & son team with a personal connection to the I/DD field
- Authors of the new book, Heart, Hope & Honesty, How I/DD Providers Can Attract & Retain Amazing Direct Support Professionals and Thrive Despite the DSP Crisis
Heart, Hope & Honesty
Limited First Edition
This book serves as a practical and positive guide that shows you how to get off the DSP Hamster Wheel of Recruiting, Hiring, & Turnover. “Heart, Hope & Honesty” doesn’t reference abstract studies or bore you with statistics. It features inspiring stories, highlights real results from your peers, and offers step-by-step actions you can take immediately. Pre-order now for: